Thursday, July 28, 2011

Orange Country

So we made it to South Carolina, the western part of the state and it was hard not to notice we seem to be in "Orange Country."










I suspect it is because we are only about twenty minutes from Clemson University.

Now, I am a graduate of the University of South Carolina, which is about two hours from here and their school color is red or magenta, but I do have a thing for orange and have had since my youth. Perhaps it is because with reddish hair I was never allowed to wear red or yellow, but for some reason orange was ok. I remember having an orange "turtleneck" I wore all the time in middle school until it had faded to a light color. As colors go, having an interest in orange seems more rare than not. I drive an orange car and have a closet full of orange colored shirts.

So I felt right at home walking down the Clemson aisle at our local WalMart with orange cups and orange towels and orange shirts on either side. Although not having attended school there I already feel a bond with the local university.

No comments: